Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Music Composition Services

I am a composer who has an interest in scoring for student and independent films. I hold a Bachelors degree in music education from SDSU, and certificates of competence in Recording Arts/Record Production and Advanced Digital Audio from Mira Costa College.

I use Sonar 8 Producers Edition, and can do everything from the scoring and notation to the recording and mastering. I use MIDI, samplers/synths, and digital audio of my own instruments, but can hire real musicians for the parts if it looks like I will recoup my investment. Here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi8Q9XEFnpw to a one-minute excerpt I completed for a film composers competition. I can submit more samples if you would like for me to demonstrate my imitative capabilities ( e.g. if you want me to score a small section of your film, I can do that pro bono).

What I need from you:
Before I commit, I'd like to view your film, (including any post production work you've already done), to be sure that it is something I feel comfortable working on. I also need to know the exact time frame I would be working within and a copy of the contract. If you can either send me a link to where I can download the film video file, or send a DVD (please email for mailing address) of it to me in one of the following formats, I can work with it:
Video for Windows (.avi)
MPEG Video (.mpg)
Windows Media Video (.wmv or .asf)
Quick Time Video (.mov)

When work is completed, I can either send you the finished .wav file (Stereo audio 44.1khz/16bit up to 192khz/24bit upon request), which can be combined with your dialogue and foley soundtrack and mastered, or I can combine all with the video using Sonar's encoding process.

I look forward to working with you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home